- Baldwin Loop A loop hike with great views of Cathedral Rock
- Chimney Rock One of our favorites. Loop hike that brings you up to the base of Chimney Rock with great views across Sedona.
- Cibola Pass A great loop hike that brings you to the Devil’s Kitchen and the Seven Sacred Pools. Great scenery the whole way.
- Fay Canyon This is a great hike for a hot day. This has more shade. This is an out and back hike. Make sure to take the side path that leads to an arch.
- Scheurman Mountain A short hike located just behind the school. Perfect for a sunset hike.
- Slate Mountain– Follow the link to our blog about this hike. This mountain is located above Flagstaff, AZ. This 4.4 mile out and back hike brings you up a little over 800 feet. The location is perfect for views of the San Francisco peaks. We timed our visit just right before any major snow fell. GPS Route
- Thumb Butte This is a great little hike located in Prescott, AZ. We hiked to just below the summit. The climb to the very top is quite a scramble. This hike was less than 2.5 miles (including the side path to the base of the summit) and over 700 feet of elevation. We did this as a loop hike in a counter-clockwise direction. We hiked down the steep section that is paved.
- Vulture Peak – Follow the link to our blog about this hike. This is a hike to a saddle of a prominent peak near Wickenburg. The hike starts at BLM land on the Vulture Mine Road. If you have a 4-wheeler or high clearance vehicle you can drive the ATV route up to the upper parking lot, decreasing the hike from 2 miles each way down to about .5-.7 miles each way. We got a little side tracked on the way in and way out finding the “hiking trail” vs. the ATV trail but it didn’t seem to add on a lot of mileage. The hiking trail seems to be more scenic, bringing you through a big stand of Saguaro. GPS route Photos of Vulture Peak hike
- West Fork Trail- We hiked about 8 miles out and back with over 1600 feet of elevation. This Sedona hike is not your typical red rock hike- it is a forested hike with MANY stream crossings. There is an additional $10 fee to park here, even if you have a National Park Pass. GPS Route