John and I love living in our RV. You would think that living full time in 300 square feet would get to you, but we have really enjoyed it. Below is a list of reasons why living in 300 square feet of space is awesome:
- Cleaning the RV: It takes only minutes to vacuum and clean the RV
- Heating the RV: It doesn’t take much energy or time to heat the RV up on a cool day
- Cooling the RV: Just like heating it doesn’t take much. Got to love saving energy
- Shopping: We are saving tons on shopping. We have no additional space to buy anything. It’s very liberating once you get used to the fact that you can’t pick up additional items. The only things we buy are usually food related.
- Everything is within reach. The living room, dining room and kitchen are literally one room.
- It’s hard to loose something when you are living in a small space. It can still be done though.
- Your loved ones are always close by. Thank god we get along well. John, Gizmo and I don’t mind being near each other all the time. This could be a hard thing to get used to if you need “alone time”.
- Laundry: We throw our clothes in the washer and it washes and dries. The laundry is right in the bedroom so there is no schlepping clothes up and down stairs to wash them.
- Our home moves- if we do not like where we are we can move. If we love where we are we can stay as long as we want.
- Storage: Even though we are living in 300 square feet we have tons of storage space inside the RV and under the RV.
- Outdoor living space: We really enjoy having an outdoor TV and stereo. We can relax under the awning and enjoy a movie or some music
- When the weather isn’t fabulous (which has been rare) we have a great TV with surround sound and wonderful stereo system inside too.
- Meeting new people: It is fun to stay in RV parks with others who have similar interests. We have met some really nice people along the way. Gizmo’s met some nice dogs too.
The best part for us, is we love being outdoors so we really spend very little time in the RV. We have been fortunate to park the RV in some of the best spots in the U.S. for adventures and hiking.