We have spent this past weekend cleaning, organizing and getting the RV packed up for our big journey. This leads me to tonight’s post. What are my favorite apps to get organized and streamlined for this trip.
- Dropbox- we use it to keep copies of all of our important papers readily available. We store things like copies of insurance cards, rabies vaccine certificates and receipts for items we are bringing with us.
- JotNot- This is how we get copies of all those receipts into dropbox. This is a great scanner app. The other great feature about this is you can fax from this app for a small in app purchase. This alone has been a priceless thing for us
- DataVault- Great way to keep track of all those passwords!
- IReconcile- Love this checkbook balancing app. I have been using it for years and pay the extra for it to sync to all of my devices
- Web Albums- Great App from Picasa- lets you access ALL your photos from your smart phone. We have been using this for years and it’s nice to know your photos are backed up remotely but it’s also nice to access them on this app when you want to share photos of past trips with someone. We are just about to give Apple iCloud a try, so I will let you know what we think of that
- WeMo- We have some remote light switch controls. This will allow us to control our lights while we are gone
- Paprika- Love this recipe app. We have all our recipes on this app so we will be able to cook our favorite meals without bringing along all those cookbooks
- Next Issue- If you haven’t tried this magazine app you should. I pay a monthly fee and have access to every magazine I could ever want. I have access to back issues too. This is a great app for those traveling who want to still get copies of their favorite magazines, like Backpacker.
- Key Ring- We have been using this app since we got smart phones. This is a great way to keep track of all those loyalty cards (Shaws, Kroger…)
- iBooks- We use Kindle for our books but I love the way iBooks keeps all my pdf files organized. This is the best way I have found to keep copies of all the instruction manuals for the items we have with us. You can find most instructions online and then download them to a pdf file and open in iBooks. A copy of these is stored in iBooks for your future reference. I have even created an “instruction manual” subfolder in iBooks
- Kindle- We don’t have room to bring all our books with us. We try to purchase travel books in kindle format whenever possible. We have our favorite recipe books (Cake Doctor) saved in kindle. We use our public library to borrow books in kindle format and read them on our kindles and iPads.
I hope you can all find this helpful. We will give you an update later on our favorite travel apps, once we get to try them out.